Tron Launches TronWallet Application For Android
TronWallet App for the Android system has been announced by TRON Foundation via the twitter page. The app is already on Google Play, while for iOS it is coming later on.
TronWallet is now available on Android! Send, receive, freeze $TRX, vote for the Super Representatives, participate in token sales from your phone with this decentralized wallet built by Getty/IO! iOS version available soon, more info on @TronWalletMe https://t.co/QS4SdIB9ru
— TRON Foundation (@Tronfoundation) July 31, 2018
Some of the features posted on the declaration Medium Blog Post:
- No fees — Yes, that’s right, sending and receiving TRX is free.
- Fully decentralized p2p wallet — no login, no signup
- All TRON network operations supported (except ‘create token’)
- Push notifications — get notified immediately once transactions are processed
- Easy to use — a lot of detail went into making the user experience very simple (and fast!).
Tron 1st Anniversary
Justin Sun reminded us of this fact in a tweet only two days ago, July 30th, when the team was launching the Tron Virtual Machine along with a secret project. Also in the tweet, was him announcing that it was his birthday. The full tweet can be found below:
1 year ago today, I gave myself the best birthday present–launching #TRON. It's been exactly 1 year. Looking back, it's amazing how one simple idea took root & grew. We are now top 10 crypto, a community of 2M, bringing 100M BT users a better UX. 2018, GO #TRX! $TRX pic.twitter.com/EzoqQwmOoS
— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) July 30, 2018
What is Tronix (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is the official currency of TRON, which aims to be a decentralized entertainment content sharing platform eventually leveraging blockchain and peer-to-peer (p2p) network technology. Founded by a non-profit Singapore-based foundation, the Tron Foundation search to tackle the global entertainment industry – currently valued at $1 trillion.
According to its whitepaper, “TRON’s team members are followers of Sir Tim Berners-Lee, who are convinced that protocol, from the moment of its invention, is an asset for human beings, rather than a profit-making tool for small groups.” Tim Berners-Lee is the founder of the World Wide Web.
TRON is open, decentralized platform and distributed storage technology will allow creators of digital content to cut out middlemen such as the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Content producers will thus be able to obtain funds directly from consumers.
Currently, a lot of user data and traffic is controlled by a few corporations like Google, Facebook, Amazon, & Snapchat. TRON attempts to mitigate this control by placing ownership of the data back into the creator’s hands.
Key features of TRON
TRON wants to “Heal the Internet” through the following features:
- Data liberation: free and uncontrolled data
- Enabling content ecosystem where users can obtain digital assets from content spreading
- Personal ICO with the ability to distribute digital assets
- Infrastructure to allow distributed digital assets exchange (such as games) and market forecasting.