SEC Welcomes Your Comments On The Pending Bitcoin ETF, Crypto Power!!
Back in mid July, CoinDiaryNews alerted the cryto community that they had a say in the ongoing rule change put forth at the SEC by the CBOE exchange, and with regards to the now famous Bitcoin ETF. What has happened since then, is that the SEC has admitted to receive an overwhelming amount of comments and letters from the public over the last few months.
In the public notice stating that they have started the review process of the CBOE sponsored Bitcoin ETF, the SEC announced the following with regards to requesting more comments from the public:
As of September 19, 2018, the Commission has received more than 1,400 comment letters on the proposed rule change.
[The] Commission seeks and encourages interested persons to provide comments on the proposed rule change.
Keep Sending the Emails, Letters and Posting Comments on the SEC Website
As highlighted in the first article back in July, you can send your comments to the SEC through 3 ways.
Please note that the file number for the BTC ETFs on the SEC website is SR-CboeBZX-2018-040.
- Online form
- Comments can be submitted via this link
- Look for SR-CboeBZX-2018-040
- There should be a Submit comments section
- Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line of your message must include the File Number for the rule. This is the number that begins “S7-” or “SR-”.
- If you attach a document, indicate the format or software used (e.g., PDF, Word Perfect, MS Word, ASCII text, etc.) to create the attachment. Please note that the SEC now accepts comment letters in PDF format. DO NOT submit attachments as HTML, GIF, TIFF, PIF, ZIP, or EXE
- Using the traditional ‘Snail Mail’
Send 3 copies of your paper comment letter to:
Brent Fields, Secretary
Securities and Exchange Commission
100 F Street, NE
Washington, DC 20549-0609
Each copy must list the “File Number” for the rule. This is the number that begins “S7-” or “SR-”.
We believe in Crypto community power, all together we can make the difference!