KuCoin Shares (KCS) Raised 9% After 2.0 Upgrade Time Announced
24hr Notice: KuCoin Platform 2.0 Upgrade Scheduled for 08:00 AM (UTC+8) 18 Feb 19
KuCoin will be performing a system upgrade for Platform 2.0. The upgrade process is expected to last around 14 hours.
— KuCoin Updates (@KuCoinUpdates) February 17, 2019
According to the announcement, the transition to 2.0 will begin in 24h, exactly on February 18 at 3:00 AM (EST) and last approximately 14 hours.
KuCoin 2.0 brings the following upgrades to the platform:
- Advanced API designed to offer an easy and efficient way to develop a programmatic trading strategy with Level 2 and Level 3 data.
- Added Limit, Stop, Market, Post Only and Iceberg order types.
- Numerous updates to the security mechanisms, including SMS authentication, a device trust system and protective walls to reinforce user information and assets.
- A more attractive fee program with a new tiered trading fee discount program that introduces separate trading fees for takers and makers while improving liquidity and transaction efficiency.
- Upgrades to the KuCoin Referral Program to distribute KCS after the upgrade is completed.
While KCS initially raise to over $0.42, it has since pulled back to $0.409597, giving the token a $36.6 million market cap.